Subconscious Mind Statistics

Your subconscious mind is far more incredible than you could ever imagine.

There are aspects within your awareness and beyond that shape your being. To dive into the mysteries of the subconscious mind, here are nine subconscious mind statistics and insights that may surprise you.

First, let’s explore some key facts before diving into the fascinating subconscious mind statistics.

Key Subconscious Mind Facts 

  1. The subconscious mind is believed to 20,000 times more potent than the the conscious mind
  2. On an average day, an individual entertains 60,000 thoughts
  3. 95% of thoughts are negative and a similar percentage of 95% repeating from the previous day.
  4. Research suggests that 5% of our abilities are utilized consciously while the remaining substantial 95% is governed by our subconscious faculties.
  5. Interestingly the subconscious mind has the capacity to process about 2000 bits of information per second, far surpassing the conscious mind’s capability of managing just 40 bits per second.
  6. Studies have demonstrated that our decision making processes are significantly influenced by the mind, when we are not consciously aware of its impact.

What is the subconscious mind

The subconscious mind is often described as a part of our mind that impacts our actions without us realizing it.

  • It handles tasks like regulating our heart rate and digesting food automatically.
  • The subconscious mind stores all our memories, including those we may not actively remember.
  • While we sleep, the subconscious mind stays active and processes information through dreams.

Some believe it can also affect our behavior by attracting positive or negative circumstances into our lives. Although there isn’t much scientific backing for this idea, the Law of attraction community of millions people would beg to differ.

How does the subconscious mind work?

The subconscious mind controls around 95% of our daily lives.

Just a small portion of our mind truly guides our thoughts, feelings and behaviors.

The rest runs automatically. How can we tap into the potential of our subconscious to enhance our lives?

The first steps are to understand how the subconscious mind works.

  1. Our conscious mind is like the tip of an iceberg, while the subconscious mind is the vast underwater portion.
  2. The conscious mind is logical and analytical, while the subconscious mind is more creative and intuitive.

Here are 9 facts about your subconscious mind that you may not know

1. The Subconscious Mind dreams

Throughout history scholars, thinkers and religious figures have delved into the realm of dreams offering perspectives and theories. Dreams provide a window into our thoughts unveiling desires, fears. Often intertwined with sexuality. And buried memories or obsessions from our past as famously explored by Sigmund Freud. However he did recognize that sometimes a cigar is a cigar. The consensus within the community leans towards the view that dreams stem primarily from our physiology. They are interpreted as the brain’s way of processing thoughts and images derived from our experiences or recollections during sleep.

2. The subconscious mind influences 95 percent of your life

It is not surprising to realize that our subconscious mind plays a role in all aspects of our lives – whether conscious or unconscious actions. Research suggests that 95 percent of brain functions operate beyond our awareness, implying that most of our decisions, behaviors and emotions are shaped by the remaining 5 percent.

3. The Subconscious Mind is always awake

The subconscious mind remains perpetually active as it oversees functions and systems without rest or respite. It governs processes, like heart rate regulation, blood circulation management, digestion control and waste elimination.

When we sleep our conscious mind rests while our unconscious mind remains active. Studies have shown that, during sleep we are still able to hear and understand things around us.

4. The Subconscious Mind is habit-based

Our daily routines, like waking up, going to work, eating meals, staying hydrated and resting, become habits ingrained in us through the automatic processing abilities of our mind. According to Freud the unconscious mind controls some of our actions without us being consciously aware of it.

5. The subconscious mind interprets everything literally

The subconscious mind interprets everything literally without distinguishing between good and bad. If you repeatedly tell yourself that you will fail at a project the subconscious mind may make it a reality. It follows the instructions given by the mind without reasoning or judgment. Whether you believe in your abilities or doubt yourself your subconscious mind will act accordingly.

6. The subconscious mind is concerned with the present

While we daydream about the future or reminisce about the past our conscious mind is actively engaged.The human mind tends to dwell on the past and future while the subconscious is focused on the moment. It’s important to pay attention to our dialogue, such as affirming “I am successful” rather than always thinking “I will be successful.”

7. The subconscious mind is like a computer CPU

The subconscious mind can be likened to a computer’s processing unit (CPU). Like how computers were inspired by the workings of the brain, our bodies operate in a similar fashion. Essentially computers act as processors akin to our brains. The subconscious mind, being more potent than the mind, rapidly processes amounts of sensory information and relays it back to our brain almost instantaneously.

8. The Subconscious Mind is primal

In contrast to reasoning the subconscious communicates through imagery, emotions and metaphors. Intuition serves as a connection between our conscious and subconscious minds – a function that operates without requiring analytical thought.

9. The Subconscious mind is a multi-tasker 

The subconscious mind is quite the multitasker. While many of us think we can juggle tasks at once the reality is that focusing on two things simultaneously is simply not feasible. Our brain prioritizes one task over another making it impossible to truly give our attention to two things at once. It’s not possible to experience emotions, like happiness and sadness or anger and calmness but we can transition between different emotional states quickly. In contrast, our subconscious mind effortlessly handles multiple tasks at once.

How to set your subconscious mind for success 

The power of the mind is immense. Can be utilized to assist in attaining success. By conditioning the mind for achievement one can surmount challenges, maintain motivation and attain desired objectives.

There are several ways to program your subconscious mind for success.

One way is to use affirmations. Affirmations are positive statements that you repeat to yourself daily.

For example, you might say, “I am confident” or “I am successful.”

Repeating these affirmations daily will help to program your subconscious mind for success.

Another way to program your subconscious mind for success is to visualize yourself achieving your goals.


Certainly there are a multitude of aspects regarding your subconscious mind that remain unknown to us. It’s an area where science continues to explore diligently.

By understanding how the subconscious mind works, the more control and power we have of our lives.

Our subconscious mind does more than just pick up skills. It plays an active role in processing information and influences all our thoughts, words and actions. It holds our beliefs and values. It shapes our memories and keeps tabs on the data surrounding us choosing what to present to the mind and what to hold onto for later.

Frequently asked questions

Does your unconscious mind pick up patterns through repetition?

It is suggested that you can carry out tasks without needing to think about them like riding a bike or getting dressed. It works because the habits formed by your thoughts condition your unconscious mind to act on its own.

When you’re learning something you have to concentrate and put in effort to get it right. With practice the task becomes easier as your unconscious mind learns how to perform it and takes over so you can do it automatically.

Does Repetition Help in Creating Habits?

The Role of Repetition, in Creating HabitsSince the release of “The Power of Your Subconscious Mind” in 1963 neuroscientists have made advancements in observing how learning happens at a level—giving insight into what occurs in our brains during the learning process.

While this research doesn’t directly address the involvement of the mind it does provide insights into how term and long term memory impact learning both of which are stored in our subconscious minds.

petri maatta, CEO
Petri Maatta

Petri Maatta is a photographer, filmmaker, and webdesigner who has been working for over 20 years in the creative industry. Fascinated by manifesting for business reasons, Petri was determined to find out what it took to create success. He started his career with seven years of business failures before he found success by learning about manifesting from a mentor with a Fortune 500 company. Today Petri shares his knowledge through DreamMaker courses designed to help people change their businesses and lives while living on their terms.

Read My Story here.

Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!

Related Posts