Resistance in the Law of attraction is defined by Merriam-Webster as “the act or power of resisting, opposing, or withstanding.”
When it comes to the Law of Attraction, resistance is anything that gets in the way of you achieving your goal.
It can be a feeling, a thought, or even a physical object.
In its most basic sense, resistance is the act of thinking negatively, having negative thoughts, adopting unhealthy behaviors and attitudes, having unpleasant feelings or expectations, and believing in harmful ideas. The notion of “resistance” refers to attempting to reign in the uncontrollable or being irritated at not being able to do so.
Resistance in the Law of attraction is often caused by our own negative thoughts and feelings. For example, if you’re trying to manifest a new job, but you’re feeling anxious about it, that anxiety is resistance. Or, if you’re trying to manifest a new relationship, but you have doubts about whether or not you deserve love, those doubts are resistance.
In order to understand resistance, think of wanting something but feeling you’re not worth it:
You feel undeserving, or you might think you’re not good enough.
All of these thoughts are resistance.
- So resistance is anything that tells you that you can’t have what you want, or that it’s not possible for you to get what you want.
- Anytime you catch yourself thinking something negative about what you’re trying to manifest, or attract, then you’re being in resistance.
- Resistance is anything that’s keeping you from having what you want, or attracting what you want into your life.
Some people think that resistance is a bad thing, but it’s actually a good thing. It’s a sign that you’re on the right track. The more resistance you feel, the closer you are to making real progress in life and towards your goals.
Objects of Resistance
Can be a feeling, a thought, or even a physical object.
It can be anything that’s holding you back from reaching your goals.
For example, let’s say you’re trying to break the habit of eating junk food. The junk food itself is an object of resistance. It’s something that’s standing in your way of eating healthy and reaching your fitness goals.
Or let’s say you’re trying to break the habit of procrastinating. In this case, the resistance might be a feeling of laziness or boredom. These are thoughts or emotions that are standing in your way of getting started on a project.
In both cases, the key is to recognize the resistance for what it is and to not let it stop you.
- The resistance can be a feeling
- The resistance can be a a thought
- The resistance can even be a physical object
But no matter what form the resistance takes, you can overcome it by taking action.
So the next time you’re feeling resistance, remember that it’s just a sign that you’re on the right track. Keep moving forward and take action despite the resistance.
How To Deal With Resistance
1. Acknowledge it: The first step is to simply acknowledge that you’re feeling resistance. Don’t try to fight it or push it away. Just let it be and observe it without judgment.
2. Understand where it’s coming from: Once you’ve acknowledged the resistance, then deal with it by trying to understand where it’s coming from. What is it that you’re afraid of? What are you trying to resist?
3. Reframe your thinking: After you’ve identified the source of the resistance, it’s time to reframe your thinking around it. Instead of seeing it as a bad thing, try to see it as a sign of progress.
4. Lean into it: Finally, once you’ve reframed your thinking, it’s time to lean into the resistance. This means that you accept it and embrace it instead of fighting it.
The best way to overcome resistance is to understand where it’s coming from and then reframe your thinking around it.
Types of Resistance
There are a few different types of resistance that can happen when trying to achieve your goals .
1. Self-imposed: This is when you put limits on yourself that prevent you from reaching your potential. It’s often based on fear or a lack of self-confidence.
2. External: This is when other people or circumstances stand in your way. It can be anything from someone telling you that you can’t do something.
Why You’re Resisting What You Want
It’s important to understand that resistance is normal and it’s happening for a reason.
1. It’s a sign that you’re out of your comfort zone: If you’re feeling resistance, it means you’re pushing yourself beyond what’s comfortable. And that’s a good thing!
2. It means you’re challenging your beliefs, and are trying to move past them : A lot of times, our resistance is based on our beliefs. If we believe we can’t do something, we’ll resist it.
3. It’s a sign that you care: When you’re feeling resistance, it means you care about what you’re doing. You don’t want to fail, or be embarrassed, or look foolish.
Expert Opinion About Resistance
What psychologists have understood and are saying about resistance is that it’s actually a good thing. It means you’re challenging your beliefs, and are trying to move past them.
What experts are saying is that we’re on the right track when we’re feeling resistance. It’s a sign that we care about what we’re doing, and that we want to do it well.
So the next time you’re feeling resistance, remember that it’s normal, and it means you’re pushing yourself in the right direction. Embrace the resistance, and keep moving forward.