Definition of Holding Back
The definition of holding back is to keep yourself from doing or saying something.
For example, you might hold back your anger when someone cuts you off in traffic. Or, you might hold back your opinion on a hot-button issue so as not to start an argument.
When it comes to emotions, holding back can be a way to protect yourself.
What does it Mean to Hold Yourself Back
When you hold yourself back, you’re not being fully authentic. You might be censoring your thoughts and feelings out of fear of what others will think or because you’re afraid of conflict.
You might also be holding back because you don’t want to rock the boat or upset the status quo.
Whatever the reason, when you withhold your true self, you’re not being true to yourself.
The Consequences of Holding Back
There can be consequences to holding back. When you’re not authentic, you might end up in a job or relationship that’s not right for you. You might also miss out on opportunities because you’re afraid to take risks.
And, when you don’t express your true thoughts and feelings, you might end up feeling resentful.
If you find yourself holding back, ask yourself why. Once you know the reason, you can start to work on being more authentic.
Conscious Reasons for Holding Yourself Back
There are times when you might be aware that you’re holding back.
Here are some common reasons:
- You don’t want to rock the boat.
- You want to please others.
- You’re afraid of rejection.
- You’re afraid of failure.
- You don’t want to look foolish.
Unconscious Reasons for Holding Yourself Back
There are also times when you might not be aware that you’re holding back.
Here are some common reasons:
- You’re afraid of being hurt.
- You’re afraid of being disappointed.
- You’re afraid of change.
- You don’t feel worthy.
- You don’t feel deserving.
Tips for Moving Forward
If you find yourself holding back, here are some tips for moving forward:
- Identify your reasons for holding back.
- Challenge your beliefs about why you’re holding back.
- Visualize yourself achieving your goal.
- Take small steps toward your goal.
- Celebrate your progress.
- Seek support from others.
- Be patient with yourself.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
There are many reasons for holding back, but I think the main ones can be broken down into two categories.
The first one is the most obvious – you’re afraid to speak up because you don’t know how your opinion will be received. If you don’t have credibility or aren’t seen as being an authority figure on a topic, people may not take you seriously, or even worse — listen to you at all.
The second reason for holding back is much more insidious, and stems from your own self-doubt and insecurity.
How Holding Back Is Related to Law of Attraction
In the world of manifestation, it is important to understand that the law of attraction is not just about manifesting good things into your life. It can also help you manifest bad things out of your life, but only if you aren’t aware of holding back from manifesting them.
“Law of attraction” is one of the most popular and inspiring self-development philosophies in the world today. It’s a belief system that teaches us that our thoughts from our reality, that we have the ability to make or break our own lives — and furthermore — that regardless of what has happened up to this point in our lives, it’s only by focusing on what we want ahead and actively not holding back on giving it our all that we truly succeed in manifesting the life we desire.
One thing is certain: there is no way to achieve anything without putting forth effort to get there.
- Holding back is a form of resistance.
- Resistance is a form of fear.
- Fear reduces your vibration and therefore your ability to attract what you want.
- When you hold back, you lower your vibration.
- The process of holding back is an accurate explanation of the law of attraction.
When you are holding back, you are telling the Universe that you are not ready to receive it.
As a result, you will never get anything that you don’t want.
- Holding back means that you fear the judgement of others.
- You think that others will judge your goals and dreams as silly or stupid and therefore you keep them to yourself.
- Your goals are born inside your mind and if they stay there forever, they will never manifest into reality.
- But when you decide to let go and allow yourself to feel and speak about your desires, then that is when the magic happens.
- The Law of Attraction teaches us that every single thing in this world is made up of energy.
Everything is vibrating on its own frequency.
So everything in this world responds to energy, including the things I focus on with my thoughts, feelings, and actions.
In other words, what I focus on and what I feel about it become a part of me, because of the law of attraction.
If you want something to manifest in your life, you need to focus on it with your thoughts, feelings, and actions. The more energy you put into it, the more likely it is to happen. Letting go and allowing yourself to feel and speak about your desires is also important, as this allows the universe to respond to your energy.
Do you think you can attract anything without actually being fully committed to it?
We can see that there are two sides to holding back, one which is negative and the other which is positive. Positive side of holding back is mainly related to the Law of Attraction. Any person wants to manifest things in his life so by exposing ourselves more we actually attract more of the same.